Reasons why your computer might be freezing
There are a number of reasons why your computer might be freezing on a regular basis. While the numbers are numbered, there are quite a few common problems that may be the reason. A computer freezing can be as disruptive as staff sickness to productivity so taking preventative measures can keep your computer running smoothly.
When the computer freezes, we can react in a number of ways – generally violence won’t really achieve much, the computer won’t unfreeze but it can help us to let off a bit of steam. You can hit the computer or shout at the computer but it’ll probably have the same effect as sweet talking your computer to start working again. Instead of finding yourself in this scenario, take action before the computer gets to that point.
Here is some of the reasons why the computer freezes:
- You have used up almost all of your hard drive space
- You need to install more memory
- You have too many programmes running clogging up the system
- Your computer is infected with a virus
- You didn’t install any security to protect your computer
- You have compatibility issues
- Your hardware in malfunctioning
- Your computer needs to be ventilated better
Both the hardware and software can freeze for a number of reasons such as faulty memory chips, overheating the CPU, faulty motherboards and spyware/malware invasion through poor computer protection or faulty drivers. But no matter where the error occurs it is important to know what to do when the PC freezes. Here is a list of our top tips:
- Run a virus scan
- Uninstall programmes you are not using or don’t need
- Close some applications that you are not using
- Defragment your hard disc
- Clean up your registry
- Use the scheduled maintenance tool
- Dust out your computer case
- Downgrade to a lower operating system
How can we help?
Global ITN’s 24/7 IT Helpdesk Services will support and manage your company’s PCs, laptops, servers, email, VoIP, mobile, network and office applications. Ultimately, we make sure your team has a seamless working experience. This will, in fact, enhance productivity and reduce the time, personnel and resource burden of an in-house IT department.
Furthermore, by enlisting the support of Global ITN’s IT Service Helpdesk gives you the confidence to know that your business’ IT functions have reliable support at all times. Businesses also have the option of outsourcing to IT experts or to appoint their own in-house IT team. Above all, outsourcing allows you to focus on your core business. At the same time, we also provide a collaborative service with your in-house IT team which will ultimately provide you with the required expertise to resolve any recurring problems.
What Global ITN offers:
- 24/7 IT Helpdesk Support center with timely and efficient manner.
- Flexible and reliable remote workstation management.
- IT support team enhancement.
- IT equipment deployment.
- Wide coverage area of multi-location device support.
- Immediate on-site support with high availability.
- Timely desktop, servers, network and VoIP troubleshooting and support.
- Ticket management and vendor liaison support for the third party ISP issues.
- Index log for all critical IT services including remote access logs.
- Also, broad-ranged IT support covering all major operating systems, applications and hardware platforms.